Paper Bag #42 the 1969 Edition
Hello to the Paper Bag audience, a very large group of loons who gather once a year at Mulcahy’s for our annual ritual and tribal dance. The advertising budget for the Paper Bag is $0. We don’t advertise. Everybody who shows up for the show already knows about it. That would be you people. Besides, if we did advertise and draw more people, where would we put them?
Paper Bag #42 the 1969 Edition is coming. Yes we are having Mr. Peabody and Sherman set the Way-Back Machine to 50 years in the past. For your perusal
1969 -Woodstock, the Man on the Moon, the Mets and a boatload of really great albums. Makes for a great song list. Then of course we have the Body Bag. This year we are honoring:
- Aretha Franklin
- Matt Guitar Murphy
- Captain Daryl Dragon
- Dick Dale (King of the Surf Guitars)
- Hugh Masekela
- Marty Balin
- Peter Tork
- Ray Sawyer (Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show / Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Geoff Emrick (Beatles sound engineer)
- Joe Osborne and Hal Blaine from the Wrecking Crew
Dave the Rave Franklin, Section Leader for the Vocal Section, and I had a very productive meeting the other night over a plate of Mrs. Guidos spaghetti, sausages and salad. We have gone over the song list in its present state. Preparations are ramping up.
For Bag tickets you have 3 choices:
- All Paper Bag #42 participants have tickets to sell. The best way to get your ticket is to get them from your local Bagger. Advance tickets from Baggers are $25
- On this page you can click the “Buy Now” button above. You can then order your tickets through the magic of the internet, also $25 with $1 shipping on the order.
- Get em at the door. $30
We are again collecting food for distribution to those less fortunate than we are. There will be a box at the front door of Mulcahys. Thank you for your generosity.
Please be aware that there is no Will Call window at the Paper Bag. If someone tells you thay are leaving tickets for you at the door, that will not be the case. Please make sure you get your tickets in advance.